Bookkeeper position for Retired Person
This position reports to - Chief Executive Officer
St Augustine College of South Africa is looking for a person to perform the full accounting function of the College on a half day basis for five days a week.
Minimum qualifications, experience and competencies
- Minimum three years' completed articles or related experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and management accounting.
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking, time management, communication skills (oral and written), computer literacy.
- B.Com accounting will be an advantage
Key performance areas and main activities
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review of creditors reconciliations to ensure they have been prepared correctly.
- Analyse, maintain and reconcile general ledger.
- Handle and report general ledger queries.
- Preparation of all manual general ledger journal entries for review by the external Auditor.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register complying with legislation.
- Review supplier payments to ensure only valid payments are made.
- Release of supplier payments via online banking.
- Process monthly expense accruals and reversals.
- Prepare and analyse monthly management reporting packs including variance analysis versus budgets.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts for presentation to the CEO, and board of directors.
- Preparation of quarterly financial reports for presentation to the board of directors.
- Responsible for monthly payroll function – monthly authorisation; liaising with HR,
- Prepare and submit all SARS returns i.t.o. payroll
- Prepare and submit Pension Fund Return
Applicants are required to submit a detailed curriculum vitae, highlighting their experience in each of the minimum requirements listed above to email@example.com.